Riding Horseback in Purple is Published!
I am delighted to announce that Riding Horseback in Purple has moved into the print and distribution process. The E-book and the print versions are showing on sites such as Amazon. Watch this site or contact me for updates.
Learn more about the book
- Table of Contents
- Sample Excerpts
- Sample Reviews
Order Riding Horseback in Purple
You can order Riding Horseback in Purple through Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, the NFHR where profits go to the work of the registry, Ingram, Barnes and Noble and thousands of other outlets in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Europe, and in Australia and New Zealand.
ISBN 978-0-9936151-0-8 (pbk)
ISBN 978-0-9936151-1-5 (ebook)
Who is this book for?
It was written for adult women considering their first horse, or first horse in many years. Feedback so far tells me that Riding Horseback in Purple has a much broader audience including:
- animal lovers who enjoy reading about human connections with any type of animal;
- anyone interested in lifelong learning and healthy aging;
- anyone considering a first horse;
- industry professionals (breeders, rescue center managers, coaches and so on) who work with novice horsewomen, to help their clients with their learning journeys;
- experienced horsewomen who enjoy horse stories and memories of their early years with horses.
I hear either “I love the title!” or “I don’t get the title.” Poet Jenny Joseph wrote: “When I am an old woman I shall wear purple” in her poem sometimes titled “Warning.” It struck a chord, and there have been many spin offs including a Wear Purple Day. Jenny’s poem and my book both strive to inspire women to learn, grow and follow their passions. Here is Jenny Joseph reading ‘When I am an old woman I shall wear purple’.
Look Who’s Talking About Riding Horseback in Purple
- Midwest Fjord Horse Club newsletter
- Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry’s Fjord Herald
- Pacific Northwest Fjord Promotional Group newsletter
- Canadian Fjord Association newsletter
- Horse forums and farm sites including