I always try to have one foot in the world of practice and the other in the world of scholarship. I graduated from secondary school at 16, but it was many years before I went back to formal education and I did so to be a better practitioner. My background is eclectic, but there are themes that flow through almost everything:
- appreciation of the natural world,
- belief in the use of powerful questions,
- deep interest in leadership, including leadership as an emergent property,
- passion for understanding how groups acquire, develop, share and use knowledge, and
- commitment to ways of working effectively and fairly a complex and rapidly changing world.
The documents below provide more detail.